1 Quart chicken broth
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1 Tablespoon olive oil
½ small white onion, finely chopped
1 1/4 cups Arborio rice
½ cup dry white wine
1 teaspoon Sabatino Tartufi White Truffle Oil
Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh White Truffles, optional
- Preheat oven 400˚F.
- Heat the broth to a simmer in a stockpot over medium-low heat. Once simmering, reduce heat to low.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, and sauté for 3 minutes until translucent.
- Add the rice, and stir to coat the grains with the butter-onion mixture. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until the rice toasts slightly.
- Pour the wine into the rice mixture, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed, about 4 minutes.
- Ladle 1 cup of hot broth into the rice, and stir constantly until the liquid is completely absorbed. Continue adding 1 ladle of broth at a time. This process should take about 25 minutes.The rice should start to develop a creamy consistency. Grains should be tender, but firm to the bite.
- Turn off heat, stir in remaining butter, truffle oil, truffle salt, and pepper.
- Spoon the rice onto plates or into bowls, top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Bonus: Shave fresh truffles on top to further enhance this dish. We shaved 5 grams, but you can shave as little as 3 grams to make an impact!